These cute critters make the perfect rainy day craft to do with kids. Give them felt sheets in different colors and a bottle of glue and watch their imaginations run wild.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. The first step is cutting out the felt pieces for your owl. Start with the mask – I cut out a rectangle, rounded the edges, and cut a “v” shape out of the center.
2. Next comes the eyes. Cut two circles out of felt. They should be a shade darker than your mask.
3. To cut the perfect beak, snip a triangle off of the corner of your felt sheet.
4. The final felt shape is the wings. Cut two identical tear drop shapes. They should be as long as the cork you choose to use.
5. Complete your owl by using glue to attach all of the felt pieces to your cork.