DIY Colorful Sprinkle Cake Numbers
At our house, all the birthdays come one right after another, bam, bam, bam. And sometimes the someone at the end of the birthday spree gets a little bit of a short shrift when it comes to decorations. Mama has been known to run out of steam. This year I’m prepping in advance and have put together some special cake toppers for each person on my list. These are quick to make and cute with any kind of cake. It would be a snap to make a whole set of numbers to cover everyone’s ages for a few years. Just make sure to store them in a cool, dry place so the candy doesn’t melt.
Difficulty level: Easy
Time required: 10 minutes
Things to do:
1. Roll out a piece of parchment paper to protect your work surface and to give a working surface that the glue will release form.
2. Squeeze out the glue in the shape of your first number.
3. Working quickly, press the blunt end of the skewer into the glue and then top with more glue on top of the first layer.
4. Spread sprinkles heavily onto the glue until it’s well covered. Move onto the next number while this one dries.
5. Once it’s dry, peel the number off, add a layer of glue to the back of the number and coat with sprinkles. Allow the glue to set up before using.