I love cake stands. It’s silly, but I’ve found that a cake stand can make any old cake, pie or treat look like something really special, just because it’s sitting on something pretty. And I’d like nothing more than to have a whole slew of them, just right for every occasion, but alas, I can’t seem to stand to spend all that money on something I use only now and then. Thankfully though, I’ve found a way around that little stumbling block with this simple craft.
Things to do:
1. Clean the plate and goblet well and dry.
2. Apply a thin bead of glue to the rim of the glass
3. Center the glass on the bottom side of the plate and press down, turning slightly to help spread the glue a bit. Allow the glue to dry completely.
4. With the stand upside down on a covered and well-ventilated work surface, spray the entire underside of the stand with two to three coats of spray paint.
5. Allow the paint to dry, flip right side up and serve!
Note: Any spray paint will do. We used Krylon spray paint. The picture shows the food touching the stands directly but this was for picture propping, but for general purposes if you arent sure if your spray paint is food safe you should definitely use some sort of liner on top or you could also leave the top unpainted.