This autumn craft makes the perfect indoor activity for kids. They’ll love assembling the pieces to create their very own scarecrow. Give them a bottle of glue and watch their creativity run wild!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 Minutes
Age range: 6 and Up
Things to do:
1. Glue five popsicle sticks together and let them dry. This will become the face of the scarecrow.
2. Cut a top hat shape out of brown felt.
3. Apply a thin layer of glue to the top of the popsicle sticks and attach the felt hat.
4. Cut a thin strip of orange felt and glue it on the brim of the hat.
5. Use glue to attach googly eyes to the front of the scarecrow face.
6. Cut a triangle out of orange felt and glue it on to the center of the scarecrow, making a nose.
7. Wrap a small piece of wire garland around the end of a marker, creating a nice curl. Apply a drop of glue to the end and place it under the orange band on the hat.
8. Use a sharpie to draw a rugged smile on your scarecrow and enjoy!