This cardboard optical spinner is the ideal way to work on a project with your little one! He or she can draw the spirals and you can help with the more difficult tasks of cutting out the cardboard and punching the holes.
Difficulty level: Intermediate
Time required: 30 minutes
Age range: 8+ (adult will need to help with punching holes and cutting cardboard)
Things to do:
1. Trace and cut out one cardboard circle and two paper circles.
2. Make two holes in the center of both paper circles as shown.
3. Color festive circles on one side of both paper circles.
4. Cover both sides of the cardboard with the glue.
5. Glue the paper circles to the cardboard and punch holes through the cardboard after. I used a hammer and a small spike to create the holes.
6. Cut the twine to 28. -30. and feed through the holes as shown.
7. Tie the twine at both ends.
8. To use, twist both sides of the twine and then pull!