This is a wonderful Christmas craft to do with kids! All you need is a few basic supplies that you probably have in your craft closet. Your little ones will love painting the sled boards and assembling the pieces to create a precious, keepsake ornament.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 15 Minutes
Age range: 6 and up *Younger ages may need help assembling
Things to do:
1. Start by painting five Popsicle sticks with your acrylic paint. For my project, I used barn red by Apple Barrel.
2. Next, we’re going to assemble the sled! Use your hot glue gun to attach four Popsicle sticks. The two in the middle should be slightly higher than the two on the outside.
3. Use hot glue to add a blade to both sides of your sled. They should sit half an inch higher than the sled boards.
4. Add a little decor to your sled by trimming a runner to adorn the top. Popsicle sticks can be tricky to cut, so try breaking it in half before using your scissors to create a clean line. Attach your board to the top of the blades with hot glue.
5. The last step is adding a jute hanger to the top of your sled. Cut a 4-5 inch piece of jute and use hot glue to secure both sides to the runner board.