This is a fun and inexpensive way to update your kids’ dress-up bin! Make several in different colors and have the little ones help you decorate the headbands for an added touch of fun!
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 10 minutes
Age range: 8 and up
Things to do:
1. The first step is covering your headband in ribbon. Use a drop of hot glue to attach the end of your ribbon directly to the headband. Wrap the ribbon around the headband until the entire surface is covered. Cut the ribbon and use hot glue to secure it.
2. Next, cut seven pieces of tulle, all measuring roughly 2 ft.
3. Now we’re going to attach the tulle to the headband. Fold a single strip of tulle in half and lay the headband on the center. Bring the ends of the tulle down through the center fold and pull up until the knot tightens. Repeat this step with all 7 strips of tulle.
4. Create a ponytail look by tying a piece of ribbon around the center of the tulle.
5. The final step is embellishing your costume. Use hot glue to secure little flowers along the headband and in the tulle.