This shabby-chic display can be used in a variety of ways, from showcasing your jewelry to housing your favorite Christmas cards. This simple DIY project will show you how to create an artistic approach to organizing your odds and ends.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 30 Minutes
Age range: 12 and Up
Things to do:
1. Flatten out your roll of chicken wire and lay the metal ring on top of it.
2. Cut a circle of chicken wire out, using your metal ring as a guide for size.
3. Next, we’re going to attach the chicken wire to the metal ring. Cut a 2-inch piece of wire and slide it through the chicken wire, wrapping it around the metal ring to hold them together. Repeat this step several times at different points around the ring, until the chicken wire is secure.
4. Use wire cutters to trim any chicken wire that pokes out beyond the metal ring.
5. Create mini bunches of boxwood and use wire to attach them to your metal ring.
6. Cut a 5-inch piece of wire and secure both ends to the top of your metal ring, creating a hanger.