This darling display is a quick, inexpensive way to showcase your favorite works of art. Add a pop of color to your home with a fun printable, or put your personal piece on display for all to see. Whatever you choose to frame, it’s sure to make a serious style statement.
Difficulty level: Beginner
Time to complete: 10 Minutes
Age range: 12 and Up
Things to do:
1. Create a piece of art to display. For my project, I printed a design on a piece of dictionary paper.
2. Use hot glue to attach a dowel to the top of the piece of paper.
3. Draw a line of hot glue along the seam where the dowel and paper connect and roll the dowel down until it meets the paper again, creating the look of a scroll.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 to add a dowel to the bottom of the paper.
5. Cut 2 1/2 feet of black macrame cord.
6. Use hot glue to attach the cord to both sides of the dowel, leaving about 2-inches hanging below the dowel.
7. Wrap the excess cord around the dowel and use hot glue to secure it in place.
8. Display your work of art and enjoy!